- Author: Charles Dickens, Wilkie Collins
- Title: The Perils of Certain English Prisoners
- Subtitle: and Their Treasure in Women, Children, Silver and Jewels
- Specials: Complete and unabridged
- Edition: ApeBook Classics (ABC, No. 0027)
- Series: Victorian Writers
- Language: English
- Format: eBook (epub)
- Pages: ca. 120
- ISBN-13: 978-3-96130-100-3
epub-Format! For mobi (Kindle-Reader) go to:
The Perils of Certain English Prisoners was the Household Words Extra Christmas Number for 1857, and was co-authored by Charles Dickens and Wilkie Collins.
Dickens and his co-author Wilkie Collins transfered the theme of the Indian Mutiny of 1857 to South America.
The main story takes place in Belize, an English colony, and deals with the capture of a silver mine by pirates and the escape of a group of English sailors, marines, and women and their children. The narrator also tells of his love for a woman who is far above him in social standing. It is an adventure story, consisting of murder, intrigue, and strong femal characters.
This is a new edition of the original and unabridged text. The eBook corresponds to about 100 book pages.
Buch kaufen bei: / Buy book at: